Fay, thanks for your reply!

"openjpa.jdbc.EagerFetchMode" is currently set to parallel.
"openjpa.jdbc.SubclassFetchMode" is set to parallel as well. The
description of parallel mode seems to be exactly what I want to
happen, but not what seems to be happening.

Is there any other setting, or anything in the object graph that would
prevent this behavior?

--
David Minor