I think (haven't verified it) that you can use the base DBDictionary class -
this might be closer to MaxDB than Oracle or HSQL.

One other thing you / we can do is open a JIRA for supporting MaxDB, and we
can add a MaxDB dictionary for you. We wouldn't be able to do much (any)
testing - unless MaxDB happens to be free, but we certainly could add a
MaxDBDictionary for you.

We'd want to know the format of the connection url, and a few other things
but this should be fairly quick to include - so long as you realize we
haven't (and probably can't) do a lot of testing with it.

-mike