one more thing.

You have something like this in the second process() method:

private boolean process(TypeElement e) {
catch (Exception e1) {
            logger.error(_loc.get("mmg-process-error", e.getQualifiedName()),
e1);
            return false;
        } finally {

This is cool if get an error in the real process but this one here:

public boolean process(Set<? extends TypeElement> annos, RoundEnvironment
roundEnv) {
        if (active && !roundEnv.processingOver()) {
            Set<? extends Element> elements = roundEnv.getRootElements();
            for (Element e : elements) {
                process((TypeElement) e);
            }
        }
}

is the caller and we dont have any logging here if the cast fails. This leaves
a user in a unpleasant situation when something goes wrong on that line (as it
is with my situation).
As every java developer know "a cast can fail" and i would like to see a
logging for that to and a re-throw after that.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org