Rick, that is the solution after the schema is already created. But when the
application is executed for the first time, with that property it is not
built as I wish. This means that I need to build the schema "manually" or I
need to change the property after the application is executed for the first
time (assuming I begin with "buildSchema)".
What I really want is a way to change this behavior automatically. I'm
defining the properties in persistence.xml only, no code was written to
manipulate them.
In resume, I need "buildSchema" behavior on first application execution and
"validate" after that.

Dias, T.