Von: Francesco Chicchiriccò [mailto:ilgro...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. Januar 2016 09:18
An: users@openjpa.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Project activity

On 04/01/2016 08:50, Christopher Cudennec wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I’m curious about the project’s activity and future plans.

Hi Christopher,
I am not an OpenJPA dev, just a plain user.

Anyway...

> Reason one: I got no answer on my previous question on the list.
> (Maybe auditing is not so commonly used?)

Your question dates Dec 15th, with holiday season in between, I'd suggest to
wait a bit more ;-) I wish I could provide any help, but the topic is quite
unknown to me, sorry.

> Reson two: The last commit in the SVN repository is older than 6
> months. (https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/graph/openjpa)

svn info http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openjpa

shows last commit on rev 1719469, 2015-12-11 17:27:33 +0100 by rmannibucau

so less than one month ago (don't know when fisheye is updated).

You can take a look at GitHub mirror for some easier and fancier reading:

https://github.com/apache/openjpa/commits/trunk

> Do you have a roadmap or more information about future releases?
>

> Thus far we’re still stuck with an old version of OpenJPA because we can’t
> upgrade to 2.4 (see former posts) but want to use Java 8. We need to know if
> we can still rely on OpenJPA for the next years. I hope we can :-).

FYI, at Apache Syncope we are using OpenJPA 2.4, with compatibility set for
Java 1.7, but running everywhere (CI, development, production) with JDK 8 with
no relevant issues so far.

Having said that, I am also interested in understanding project roadmap
(especially related to JPA 2.1 compatibility).

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/