Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM, james.sew...@lisasoft.com
<james.sew...@lisasoft.com> wrote:
> I am working with OpenLayers and IE6 (which is the required SOE for the
> project) and have noticed that I can’t have more than one active
> OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature at any time.  The code works as expected in
> Chrome.

Which is a surprise to me :-). Control.ModifyFeature is not supposed
if multiple instances are active at a time.

It would, however, be simple to add multiple layer support to
Control.ModifyFeature, like we have for Control.SelectFeature already.
Patches are welcome.

Another thing you could try: configure one ModifyFeature control with
a SelectFeature control that is configured with multiple layers. Maybe
this will help you to select features from different layers, and if
you're lucky you can even modify them afterwards.

Regards,
Andreas.

> I am creating a ModifyFeature for each layer and then activating these when
> a dummy Modify button is clicked.
>

> A snippet from my code:
>

> var modifyControls = [
>
> new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer1);
>
> new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer2)
>
> new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer3)
>
> new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer4);
>
> ];
>

> function activateModifyTools()
>
> {
>
>      for (var i=0; i<modifyControls.length; i++)
>
>      {
>
>            modifyControls[i].activate();
>
>      }
>
> }
>

> This results in only the layer4 ModifyFeature being active. Please note I
> have tried simpler code which just creates then activates each ModifyFeature
> with the same result.
>

> Has anyone dealt with this behavior before? Any help would really be
> appreciated.
>

> Cheers,
>
> James Sewell
>
> LISAsoft Developer