I am hoping you would be willing to help me.   I have posted 3 times with
no answers.
I am 76, just learning this wonderful new world...10 days ago downloaded
Open Office.  Was able to open and edit docs from my Flash Drive..Then
somehow????, 98% of my docs (90% of which I had not even opened in Open
Office),
got changed from Word docs to openoffice.org.XML 1.0 Text  Documents (which
as I understand it (not sure) are text encoded docs)
When I try to open,  pop-up ASCII menu comes up.  No matter what  I do
there, the doc opens as computer code.  I NEED these documents which  represent
25 years of creative work.  (I am a Jazz  pianist/composer/poet).\

Thanking you in advance,   God Bless you and yours,

Cal Bezemer / Cal Q LateR

In a message dated 8/22/2013 8:33:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
j...@jt-mj.net writes:

On  22Aug  2013, at 9:19 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>  wrote:

> But if anyone can do the same
> for XLS and PPT files  exported from iWork applications

sorry, I don't have the other  apps.

--
j...@jt-mj.net   http://jt-mj.net
"... one of  the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,