On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Samuel Ogle <samuelo...@centurylink.net> wrote:
> I just now found this: http://www.ehow.com/how_5479874_remove-labels-dvds.htm
>  which supports that approach, although not totally the same. Thanks for your
> response.

It depends on the kind of label, and the strength of the adhesive
Thicker labels made for color inkjets with glossy finish tend to have
stronger adhesives than slimmer labels made for laser printers.

The day I damaged a CD-R trying to remove a label it was a Neato brand
of the "glossy finish" type for inkjets. The CD-R was also a very low
quality disc, so the dye had little or no protection over the data
layer.

Not all CD-R discs are created equal
http://www.kmgdigitalinc.com/downloads/1906Not_created_equal.pdf

"To protect the coatings, lacquer is applied, and high-quality
manufacturers make it nice and thick or will even apply
a separate protective coating. Poor CDRs have very little protection
on the coatings and will scratch easily, or
worse, delaminate. "

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell