Jack,

Not sure what your reason was for writing to this list, but your message below doesn't sound like a request for help with a real problem.

Applications and computers do not "improve" or "update" without you, the user in command, deciding they need it.

If you're happy with your current versions of AOO, operating system and computer hardware, you are free to just stick with what you have and ignore any "Update available" suggestion. What's the point of blaming others for your own decisions?

Then of course, if you have a specific problem with AOO, which you cannot solve with the built-in Help system, most people on this list will be happy to help.

To me, this mailing list is a much better option than any "online user forums", where one has to dig through millions of posts hoping to find suitable solutions.

So if you want to make the most of this mailing list, how about you post one (or more) specific questions that relate to your specific issues?

Let us know how we can help.

marina