dennis dorney wrote:
I get into the website, click the Download button and it invites me to save an exe file but nothing seems to happen. Yet something does happen because when I give up in disgust, and try to leave the site it asks me what I want to do with the unsaved file. This doesn't give me any confidence in Open Office. I shouldn't need to be a geek just to download a program.
cheers
Dennis Dorney

After it invites you to save the exe file, do you in fact save it? (Which would involve choosing a location and selecting Save) If you do click Save, then what happens?