Thank you for your help, and for posting your detailed analysis (with example attachments) to the bug-reporting system. This is technical support at its best! I hope the developers now have what they need to fix this.

Dennis E Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:

The file in issue report #68343 is in Polish.  The corruption described
there is about the characters being shown rotated 90 degrees.

"Corrupted completely" sounds like a very different problem.

My suggestion is that you create a new issue, with the following
information:

 1. An original file (RTF or something else?)

 2. The Saved As ... in RTF format.

 3. What you see in trying to open (2), such as a small screen capture.

If you can't duplicate it, wait until it happens again and you have a
specimen (2) that you use as evidence of the problem.

These only need to be small enough to exhibit the problem.  (3) is
important in case others can't duplicate it, so that it is clear
there is an intermittent problem with the code.  It's to convince
the mechanic that there really is a groaning noise that is never
heard on a test drive [;<).

 -- Dennis E. Hamilton
    dennis.hamil...@acm.org    +1-206-779-9430
    https://keybase.io/orcmid  PGP F96E 89FF D456 628A
    X.509 certs used and requested for signed e-mail