On 21/01/2015 8:42 AM, Mat Walker wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have used OO stuff for a while and hope I have put enough back to payback
the use.

Today, I have the unfortunate task of having to create xslx files for an
application that only reads those.  So i did a search to see if there was
any way to get Calc to write out that format (or a plugin to enable that).

However, all I came across was a vile tirade of abuse from the user
'villeroy' on your (usually great) Forum.  This abuse was aimed at a user,
who also was asking about xlsx.. It is people like 'villeroy' who make
'normal' folk like me go elsewhere.
We know that communication is not Villeroy's best quality, but he only get abusive after posters keep coming
back with the "BUT I WANT"attitude.
Villeroy is highly appreciated for his contribution and has proven that he knows what he is talking about.

I realise this individual is an independent person and not 'controlled' by
the OO team; but there really should be a way of being able to report this
sort of nastiness as it reflects badly on the folk who really do put a lot
of their own time into these things and tars them with the same brush.
Probably needs to be a way of getting rid of the bad apples in the basket...

See -
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=56953&start=30

Mat