On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Angie and Arty <anganda...@talktalk.net>
wrote:

> Hi while writing a lengthy document it seems to have vanished how do i
> recover the pages please.

I've done a little digging and this is what I found to suggest you try...

If you're using Windows be sure to check in Trash to see if it might be
there. Otherwise open OpenOffice and...

Possibility 1 -
Select "Tools | Options" from the menu
Expand the "Load/Save" branch and select "General"
Review the "Save" options.
.. Is "Always create backup copy" selected? If it isn't tick it to avoid
such losses in the future.
.. If it is selected then
Expand the "OpenOffice" branch and select "Paths"
Note the location of the "Backups" path then open that folder to see if the
file is there.

If "Always create backup copy" wasn't selected then try

Possibility 2 -
Select "Tools | Options" from the menu
Expand the "OpenOffice" branch and select "Paths"
Note the location of "Temporary files"
Open that folder. Examine the contents of that folder and any sub folders
to see if your file might be there.

If none of these work, and again if you're using Windows, get a file
undelete utility and see if it can recover the file.

I haven't used any of the following so cannot attest to their quality or
liklihood of success.

This first I'm suggesting because it's free and open source software so, if
gotten from the link provided, I don't expect it will have any unwanted
software or malware.
Kickass Undelete - http://kickassundelete.sourceforge.net/

This next is commercial software with a free version available. I've used a
different Piriform product for years found it to be a quality product and
never gotten any malware from them so I trust Piriform.
Recuva - https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Last, if you want to look yourself for undelete tools, take a look at this
article for suggestions.
http://lifehacker.com/5237503/five-best-free-data-recovery-tools

Good luck.