OpenOffice is not a company, no offices, no phone. Is a community and a
project, you are free to use it, test it and distribute it.

You can also hire support from companies that do professional support for
it. They do have a phone number:
http://www.openoffice.org/bizdev/consultants.html

We would need more information in order to determine when and how does the
Freeze happens. It could be a third party application interrupting on the
closing process. Please give us the version of OpenOffice that you are
using, the current one is 4.1.1.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor