Mary Ann Scholl wrote:
> Good morning, I don't really know the right place to send this
> question, but hopefully this is the place to get free help to solve
> my problem. I have IMac computer OSX 10.9.5, and I have OpenOffice on
> it. I have had this problem for a long time. It freezes up on me, and
> I have to force quit it. Do you have any suggestions? Also I would
> love to have telephone number to call someone at OpenOffice if that
> is possible for the future. Thank you so much in advance for any help
> you can give me!! Wishing you a beautiful day!!!! Sincerely, Mary Ann
> Scholl maryannsch...@gmail.com

Mary Ann;

Without more particulars as to what is happening it is difficult to
offer definitive advise; however this sounds like a known problem. The
following from the Release Notes for version 4.0.1 gives the solution to
this issue.
> On recent versions of Mac OS X it might happen, especially after a
> "Force quit", that the following error message appears: "Restore
> Windows - The application OpenOffice.org was forced to quit while
> trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its
> windows again?". If you cannot get rid of it: Option-click the "Go"
> menu; choose "Library" from the menu to open the folder in the
> Finder; click on the folder "Saved Application State"; delete the
> file "org.openoffice.script.savedState".

This problem has been fixed for the latest version of AOO. If this does
not solve your problem please reply back to the list with more details
as to the problem you are experiencing.

This reply has been cc'd to your e-mail address as a courtesy as you are
not subscribed to the mailing list. Please reply ONLY to the list and
not my personal e-mail. To subscribe to the list see the instructions
at:http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#users-mailing-list-public.

Regards
Keith