1)  It is quite hard to just 'drop an email to' open office. I don't really
want to sign up, log it, make an account etc. So there is a huge
disincentive to provide feedback to open office about stuff that people
think should be changed.

Assuming open office is trying to satisfy as many people as possible, then
if we don't like it, open office should change it.

Here's the thing:
It is very frustrating to simply type part of a line, then go to the next
line, and type part of a line without open office writer double spacing. So:

Want this:

Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah.

Get this:

Blah blah blah

Blah blah blah.

I can single space partial lines by carriage return without causing double
space on every app except open office writer; it automatically seems to
double space. I don't really care why it does this, or how to get around
it. Just change it, please!

It is very very frustrating, making it impossible to create a
professional-looking piece of writing.

Thanks,
Steve