You are welcome and is great that it worked for you. Just remember this
issue has nothing really to do with OpenOffice. As a matter of fact this
could happen with any piece of file (document, music, image, etc.), for
example anytime you install a new video or music player, your music could
be redirected to that new player. Is just the way Windows handles
relationship between file formats (pdf, doc, mp3, mp4, etc.) and
applications.

Cheers from Cancun.