On 5/22/2015 9:57 PM, Martin Groenescheij wrote:

On 23-May-15 08:49, Toni Chudilowsky wrote:
I have tried every forum. I see others have this problem but cannot fix.
My spellchecker underlines every word in red. Have tried to reinstall.
Tried to change my user ID but the terms are to technical for me and I'm
afraid to delete anything I'm not sure of.  PLEASE HELP!  I registered
with your forum but it said I was too new to post anything.

Most likely your user profile has been corrupted delete or rename your user profile.

If you are using Windows do this by:
Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

Details for other operating systems are given in
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

It seems that at least once a week there arises some problem that the solution to which is deleting the user profile (usually spell check). Has it occurred to anyone that this might really be a defect that needs to be addressed?

Dale Erwin