Martin Groenescheij wrote:
On 23 May 2015, at 5:36 pm, toki wrote:
The major reason for not fixing it, is that it is _not_ a reproducable
bug.   There is no sequence of steps I can take, that produces the bug.

Exactly. We had a variant of the bug that occurred upon installation and profile migration from version 3.x; that one was fixed. These, much more limited from the numbers we see, other occurrences are even harder to track and diagnose.

add an option to reset the user profile from a toolbar.

That has been the favorite option so far, together with an option for resetting the profile when one (un)installs the program. You will find the full discussions on the dev list, but technically the complexity is that you can't delete the profile from a running OpenOffice (so this would have to be scheduled for the next restart and coding it becomes more complex) and that you (un)install the program system-wide, but your profile is a per-user setting.

Regards,
  Andrea.