On 6/25/2015 7:29 PM, Richard Fox wrote:
OK. That works. But it's kind of a back-handed approach. What I was trying to do was to double-click on an xlsx document itself, right click on "open with" and have it open with OO. It really SHOULD since I have both MS Office and OO installed. But for some reason, my system doesn't seem to recognize that OO is installed.

For the record ... I was selling mainframes to the largest corporations in the world and managing project management teams world-wide a long time ago (possibly before you were born - no slight intended). I really do know how to do problem determination. I have spent hours and I just can't figure out why this won't work without having to start OO first. I have at least a dozen options. It's just that OO isn't one of them. It's almost as though it didn't get into the registry properly.

I'll work on this some more when I get a chance.

Do you think that the problem might be the name of the program you're looking for is not openoffice.exe, but rather soffice.exe or swriter.exe ??? The names are still the same as they were when the product was called Star Office. I used Star Office under OS/2 Warp even before Sun had anything to do with it. I, too, was a mainframer but I retired 15 years ago. Do they still make mainframes?

Dale Erwin