> -----Original Message-----
> From: William K Helbig Jr [mailto:whel...@windstream.net]
>
> A quick lesson on top posting.
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

I've been doing the newsgroups, forums and email in its various formats for
close to 30 years.  The whole top/bottom posting issue is just plain BS.
Particularly when the thread is long with folks responding to different parts
of the post at different times.  What's important is to write clearly and
concisely.  Don't make me work to understand what you are saying.  As for
personal preference, I prefer midposting.

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Not for me.

>> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

The most annoying is flame wars.  Especially over trivial things like, how to
post.