On 1/11/2016 8:14 PM, John Hart wrote:
On 1/11/2016 5:21 PM, Richard Detwiler wrote:
On 1/11/2016 7:12 PM, John Hart wrote:

Brian Barker  said:

The difference in the message you quote is that the To: field did *not* contain the list address.

Then asked:

Was this put into a Bcc: field by the author?

I'm not sure why he asked me that, I'm not clairvoyant,
so I responded:

How am I supposed to configure a filter for email coming in with random addresses?

To which you replied.

Filter on the "To" line which is "users@openoffice.apache.org".

And we've gone in a complete circle.

Mail from the list has the wrong address, but it's the user's fault
so nothing can or should be done about it according to Brian.

Usenet was a much better forum than lists, I guess that's why the establishment killed it.

I am subscribed to a large number of mailing lists and this list server is the only one that ever happens on. None of my other mailing lists ever send me messages that end up in my inbox. But this one does. I think the OP has a valid point.

Dale Erwin