On 2016-07-13, 2:07 PM William Sullivan wrote concerning "Differences Between Using Open Office Writer with OS X instead of Windows":

Is anything published about these differences?

Is there a forum for users on OS X?

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/index.php
There is a Mac specific section under "Install, Setup and Troubleshooting" https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Is there a forum Moderator who uses OO Writer with OS X?

I, and several other volunteers, use AOO Writer with OS X

I have submitted a problem to the forum, but all the response I get is from
people using OO Writer on Windows and they cannot understand the problem.

You could have stated the problem you were having. I searched the forums and
found your posts.

A link to a bug report was given. Also you stated you were using AOO with Windows 10 under Parallels. There is a Mac OS X native version of AOO. No need to run under Parallels.

I have been using AOO (and its predecessor OOo) on Macs for 10 years and have never had the problem you described.