On 7/13/16, William Sullivan <billsull1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anything published about these differences?
>
> Is there a forum for users on OS X?
>
> Is there a forum Moderator who uses OO Writer with OS X?
>
> I have submitted a problem to the forum, but all the response I get is from
> people using OO Writer on Windows and they cannot understand the problem.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bill Sullivan

Bill,

When Stardivision Gmbh, a German software firm headed by Marco
Boerries started making its StarOffice suite available across
different PC and Mac platforms, they quickly realized they needed to
support several operating systems at once with little reprogramming
and visual differences (for the user). So they ended up creating a set
of graphical components for "StarOffice" that looked the same and
worked across the several supported operating systems (back then,
Windows, Unix, OS/2, etc). They called that "framework as "StarView"
(1)

Then came Sun Microsystems which bought Stardivision and created Sun
StarOffice and OpenOffice.org opening up the source code. It included
further cross-platform abilities like separation of the different apps
that make the "offic suite" into components (2).

Then Oracle bought Sun and then after a revolt by a group of external
programmers, Oracle decided to hand over OpenOffice.org to the Apache
Software Foundation.

All the above is to say: the cross-platform fundamentals remain the
same on today's AOO. It has and continues to look and behave the same
no matter what OS you use. There is little if any retraining to be
done when moving across AOO running on different operating systems.

The programs should work and behave the same no matter what the
underlying operating system youu are using.

FC
(1)
http://www.drdobbs.com/cpp/examining-the-starview-application-frame/184409128
(2)