I have not used any Word Perfect product in at least a  dozen years.
I do not know what file formats WP 7 uses.

It is my understanding that Open Office (OO) 4.2.1does not directly handle
the PW file format *.wpd, due to licensing issues with Corel, the publisher
of Word Perfect.

Similarly, OO does not handle the *.docx file formats whic the newer
versions of MIcro$loth Word and Micro$loth Office utilize.

I know that there are "work arounds" for the Micro$oft files, which can be
forced to save documents in the *.doc format.

I do not know if there are similar workarounds for the Word Perfect file
formats within Word Perfect 7.

I do know that the MIcro$oft Word / Office work arounds require that yu
have Word / Office available upon your machine in addition to OO.

Hopefully others more familiar with WP7 will join in this discussion.