On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 21:46:45 -0400, you wrote:

>Believe it or not, as of right now Zamzar still enables people to convert
>files *to* WordPerfect (wpd).
>
>Jeff Deutsch
>Speaker & Life Coach
>A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
>http://www.asplint.com

And why does that cause you a problem, exactly? I still use an old
version of Word Perfect (v12, I think) as my word processor of choice
when I don't need to send the file to anyone else. If the site allows
me to convert files to Word Perfect, why should they disable that
feature, as you seem to imply?

I learned to use Word Perfect under what was then VAX/VMS in the late
1980s, then via WP 5.1 for DOS to WP for Windows. It still does a good
job, and I prefer it to Open Office unless there's a chance that I
need to share the document.

And don't give me any BS about "out-of-date" software or similar. I
spent a working lifetime writing (mainly) software for doing process
control and laboratory database work. You should see the amount of
antique kit which was bought to do a specific job in a laboratory and
is still doing that job because the kit still works and does the job
well. Case in point is the Canadian nuclear energy people who are (or
were recently) looking for DEC PDP assembly language programmers, they
apparently intend to keep their PDPs running until 2050, more than 50
years since the now-extinct DEC discontinued them. Were I a few years
younger, I'd be brushing up my Macro-11...

Brian.