It worked.  Thanks!!

From: Rory O'Farrell<mailto:ofarr...@iol.ie>
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:14 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org<mailto:users@openoffice.apache.org>
Cc: Patti Wesolowski<mailto:twinkies1...@hotmail.com>;
kpppwesolow...@hotmail.com<mailto:kpppwesolow...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Open Office 4.1.1 Spell Check

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016 18:59:59 +0000
Patti Wesolowski <twinkies1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am writing to ask for assistance with OpenOffice 4.1.1.  In Writer, I am
> encountering a problem where every word is underlined as being incorrectly
> spelled and the spell check jumps to every word to correct it, even though
> they are all spelled correctly.
>
> I did have 4.1.2 installed and uninstalled it, thinking an earlier version
> may not have this bug.  I have checked to ensure the dictionary associated
> with the document is English – US, and it is.  I have searched the forums and
> they identify the problem, but the forums are rather cluttered and I have not
> been able to find a solution if one has been given.
>
> Your prompt assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
> Patti Wesolowski

The fix for your problem is to delete or rename your OO user profile.

If you are using Windows, close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address
Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>