On 10/4/2016 6:57 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
Why use a legacy version? Is the bug that you have yet to upgrade software from January 2011 which was rendered obsolete in May 2012?

I'm working on an obsolete computer with limited disk space,
and it's a simple project that won't be using advanced features.

The 3.3 Writer Guide illustrates (on page 182) that the same options are available in manual page breaks as in current versions (and as in Illustration 20 in the Writer for Students manual). What are you not seeing?
I don't know the structure of the style process, or any familiarity with the tools. What 's intuitively obvious to you,
will make little sense to me until I understand it.

When I right click on a paragraph, I get a pop down menu with Default at the top, and a list of properties.
I assume if they're changed, it changes the default, not a good idea.

Towards the bottom is: Edit Paragraph Style...

It brings up the style editor, which has more properties than the pop down, and a place for a name. If the name is changed and the changes saved, I assume it will get added to the style list.

In the editing screen there is an item that says: Next Style, and the box has Default in it.
I'm not sure what it's for, but it's obviously important.

Below it is another item that says: Linked with, the box has None in it.
I don't know what this does either.

Below it is Category, Text Styles, grayed out,
and below that a large box with the label: Contains, inside it, don't count lines.

So what needs to be done to get page numbering, centering, and fonts for:
The Title page,
the Copyright notice,
and the table of contents.

I would like the table of contents to have page numbers for the chapters,
and it would be nice to have the chapter names come from the documents.
Is that easy to do?

jrh