Keith N. McKenna wrote on 8/31/2017 8:59 AM:
On 8/30/2017 5:49 PM, Malooq Tariq wrote:
Hello,

My spell check for OpenOffice writer does not work properly because OpenOffice
writer does not underline word as red to show incorrect spelling or Open Office
writer does not suggest the correct word or similar words to correct the
incorrect spelling.

Please help to fix the spell checker for OpenOffice writer?

Enjoy your day, have a happy week with your loving family and friends.

Thanks for all your help.

This is almost always a sign of corruption in the user profile and is
corrected by a reset of the profile. For the location of your user
profile and instructions to reset it see the following How To:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Handling_the_OpenOffice.org_User_Profile.

As you are not subscribed to the mailing list I have cc'd your e-mail as
a courtesy. Please send all replies on;y to the list.

Regards
Keith

Actually the profile problem causes the spellchecker to find everything is misspelled. When the spellchecker finds nothing misspelled, even complete gibberish, check that Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages has your language selected for 'Default languages for documents'. If that's not the problem try looking at these:
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512

HTH,