Thanks Glen. I have installed AOO on a PC, just looking to confirm that
saving as .docx is a feature of LibreOffice but not of OpenOffice. That's
what I'm seeing, along with what I mentioned, that AOO can save, for
example, Word or Excel files as .xml (but I'm not sure why you might want
to, what the Office 2003/xml version means).

I'm hoping to reach one of the AOO developers.

Best--Paul