Den fre 19 okt. 2018 kl 00:00 skrev Lois and Jerry Harrington <
loisandjer...@hotmail.com>:

> Can a person download only what you would have to be the same as
> “microsoft publisher?

If you want compatibility with Publisher there's a simple rule and I think
it's still valid:
”Only publisher can open publisher files”
So the hint is to never start using Publisher in the first place, because
you'll be stuck with it.

> If so is there a point where one can choose what not to download ?

No, but I've seen some different versions that are included in some
GNU/Linux-distribution's repositories when you can choose only what you
want. However, there's not much to gain. Most of the individual parts of
the suite use code from each other, so if you only install, let's say
Writer, the size of your installation will still be almost the same as when
installing everything.
I would install the whole suite and then remove unneeded icons from user
interface (if possible – it depends on the operating system).

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg