On Thu, 6 Dec 2018 23:08:19 -0500 (US Eastern Standard Time)
"Rita Rlk" <itworks4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have windows 10. OS.

In that case
Rename your OO user profile.

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File
Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer (sometimes
called Windows Explorer)
Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder - "user.old" is a good
choice. Start OpenOffice.

This cures almost all spellcheck problems.

This may have happened because of over hasty close down of the computer before
internal housekeeping was complete.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>