On 3/19/2019 10:00 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
At 20:48 19/03/2019 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
I have an AOO-Calc spreadsheet that has several "name box" definitions, which I must revise or redefine the defined range. I have forgotten how to define and / or edit the contents of the name box definitions. And, I could not find info about "name box" in the Help (F1) file. What I mean as the "name box" is the entry line with a down arrow that is located to the left of the input line. This is the area that shows the cell identification when a cell is selected/highlighted. In other words, if I were to select the C60 cell in my spreadsheet, then C60 shows up in the name box area. If I position the mouse cursor in this area, "Name Box" appears on screen.

Yes, that drop-down menu box is called the Name Box, but the names themselves are called just "names".

To define a name for a cell range:
o Select the range.
o Go to Insert | Names > | Define... .
o Enter a name.
o OK.

To delete a name:
o Go to Insert | Names > | Define... .
o Select the name.
o Delete.
o Yes.
o OK.

To modify the definition of a name:
o Go to Insert | Names > | Define... .
o Select the existing name.
o Drag across the new range.
o Modify.
o OK.

Would liked to have had a "More" or "Continue" button here instead of clicking OK, etc.

You could always modify any definition by deleting the existing one and creating a new one in the same name, of course.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Brian:

Just to let you know that your suggestions / instructions workedout splendidily here, and to say TNX again. Certainly was helpful. I do wish, however, that there was a "More" or "Continue" button available, rather than needing to go back to step one.  I had to change the Named Ranges for 13 columns that were shifted in the spreadsheet.

Regards,

VinceB.