I happened to run an .odt document through another spell checker and it turned up a couple of clear typos that Open Office did not catch.

I've pared the doc down to just a few dozen words and pasted them into a fresh doc to rule out any potential weirdness in my original doc, and it still doesn't recognize them.

This passage has two glaring typos that Open Office does not flag (even Thunderbird recognized them when I pasted them):

convert business goals and technical specifications into engaging porductivity enhancing applications.

helping the people they serve get their needs met with beautiful, intuitve and usable tools.

These are not words I've manually added to the dictionary.

I notice that if I type just the two words directly into a fresh doc with nothing else, OpenOffice does recognize them. But copying the above text into a fresh doc, it will not flag them in the spell checker.

This is alarming, especially since this is excerpted from a cover letter I've been sending out for job applications.

Thoughts?

Wasn't sure where else to start but the user list. Should I send it to the dev list?

Dave