On Sun, 9 Aug 2020, Brian Barker wrote:

At 20:28 08/08/2020 -0400, Robert Funnell wrote:
You should be able to set OpenOffice to save your document periodically. In LibreOffice this is under Tools > Options > Load/Save > General. I think it's similar in OpenOffice.

As I mentioned only a few weeks ago, ...

I'm afraid I missed that. You're quite right that saving autorecovery information isn't the same as saving a new version of the file.

If users need to save frequently because they cannot discover or cannot be bothered to discover the reason for frequent crashes, they need to do so explicitly. ...

I don't understand the point here. If a user has turned on regular saving of autorecovery information, then if the application crashes they can (hopefully, if it works as intended) recover an almost up-to-date version of the file. Doesn't this give them as much (and as little) as regular explicit saves would do?

- Robert