John,

Unfortunately Windoz likes to change file associations when it updates. To fix
this Open the Windows File Explorer, the File Folder icon in the Dashboard.
Then open the folder that you have your file in; ie if it’s on your desktop it
will be in the folder “Desktop”. Select your file then click the the Triangle
(down arrow) next to Open and choose Open With. Choose OpenOffice Writer from
the list, check the box for Open All Files With This Extension With This App
and then click the button Open.

As a courtesy to you I have sent a copy of this message to you since you may
not be subscribed to the Users email group. If you’re subscribed you may miss
some responses.

As a courtesy to me please only reply to: users@openoffice.apache.org not my
email address, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone