Hi -

XLSX and Excel is Microsoft’s file format. OpenOffice implements OpenDocument
Format (ODF). Excel can save ODF. Ask your source to save the file that way.

OpenOffice is all volunteer while Microsoft is huge as you know. They
continually improve their Office Open formats…

If reading XLSX is important for you then you might find LibreOffice better
suited to your needs.

Sent from my iPhone