Robin,
Yes, that was the first place I looked. Then I purchased one of the
programs Rory recommended, but, regretfully, it was not recovered. The
actual manuscript was recovered, but it was in all garbled words, so I
wasted $70 for nothing.  I don't have a choice but to start over again!
Thanks for your help.
Jackie Olsen