At 19:52 20/03/2023 +0000, Bob Gibbens wrote:
I download successfully 4-1-14 2 days ago I have opened a text document today and typed half a page of text. I looked down to write a couple more words, looked back at my screen to see only the last two words I had typed the rest of the text had disappeared ...

What almost certainly happened is that you somehow managed to select (highlight) all of the existing text before you looked down to type the extra words. If you have any part of your text selected when you type, what you type simply replaces the selected material - in this case, all of your text. That is not a bug, but instead the way all such applications work.

... and I have tried to restore the missing text with out success

There is a simple way: just use Edit | Undo: Typing (or Ctrl+Z) to undo those two words and recover your previous text. But it may be too late to do this if you have performed other actions in your attempt to recover the earlier material. If you had typed more than a couple of words you might want to copy that first, before undoing the typing, so that you could then paste the additional text back where it should have been.

is there a problem with the new up grade ?

No - at least, not as simple a bug as your description would suggest!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker