At 19:52 20/03/2023 +0000, Bob Gibbens wrote:
I have opened a text document today and typed half a page of text. I looked down to write a couple more words, looked back at my screen to see only the last two words I had typed the rest of the text had disappeared ...

Oh, and here's how you might have achieved this. Did your extra couple of words perhaps start with a capital "A"? Your typing finger may have slipped slightly, so that instead of Shift+A you actually typed Ctrl+A (easily done). This is the keyboard shortcut for Select All (otherwise Edit | Select All), and this would have selected all the existing material before immediately replacing it with what you continued to type.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker