KV,

First, I hope you have created your own dictionary containing your words, not just add your words to the OpenOffice dictionary distributed with OpenOffice. The latter stands a good chance of losing your words at the next update. Creating your own dictionary should prevent such loss.

I did some checking and discovered my dictionary was not enabled. You may check if yours is enabled by:

Tools > Spelling and Grammar... > Options

Ensure your dictionary is in the list and if not checked, then click on the box and enable it. It could be that updates to not carry over the check, for I had my dictionary enabled at some time in the past and now it was not. Select Edit and verify your words are in your dictionary selected. This should prove your dictionary is still present in OpenOffice. If not there, then it must be reinstalled. My dictionary is in:

~/.openoffice/4/user/wordbook

This is under Linux, of course. YMMV.

It may be a good idea to back up this directory before updating, so you can restore your dictionary after the update if it goes missing. In fact, it may be even better to back up the whole */4/ directory.

HTH.

Girvin