Att:  Shari Lynn Smith
Thanks for your very detailed instructions to be able to open my documents and
to find them after they are saved.  However, I have 4.1.6 (not 14) and I wonder
if I should download the 4.1.14?   When you say to   'quit' open office, the
only option close to that would be to delete.  I'm afraid to delete it, as I
have journals on my computer back 35 years, and they are all in .odt format.
When I open windows explorer, I did not see the folders app to 'view hidden
folders' but I did "view hidden items".  If you advise me to install Apache
Open Office 4.1.14, should I uninstall 4.1.6 first?
I've been typing from a handwritten journal 1983-87--and yesterday I retyped 7
pages that were lost from the last two days, and right after I saved it, I
tried to open it, and the only one by that name that would open was missing a
whole month of 7 typed pages.  In an effort to open it, I now have 6  folders
of the same name in 'recent files' and they all tell me 'The requested
operation requires elevation."
I have been unable to find my user information.  but maybe if I have the later
edition it would work.  Again, thank you so much--I've really made a mess of
things in my new computer, and need a lesson on organizing.  I'm having trouble
seeing what is on the C drive and what is on my flash drive--I'd like to move
all the flash drive docs over..
II await your advice.

On Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 01:51:03 PM MDT, Shari Lynn Smith