On Sat, 9 Dec 2023, Rod Christ wrote:

You do not understand. The program is LOCKED on my screen. I cannot use any
of its features, I cannot close or open any windows within the program. I
cannot shut it down, I cannot delete it. It is a s useless as tits on an
alligator. UNDERSTAND??

I believe you didn't understand the instructions.

Go to the Start Menu in Windows - tell us if you don't know what this is. And note it's part of Windows, not of OpenOffice.

Note there's probably a simpler way to do the following but I'm not mainly a Windows user and this should work (first read through these instructions before executing any of them):

(0) to shut down OpenOffice, enter 'ctl + alt + delete' keys at once, choose 'task manage'; find OpenOffice; right-click; choose 'end task'; you can close 'task manager' if you want.

(I don't know if Dick Groskamp has a better way?)

then:

(1) type 'cmd' (no quotes)
(2) click 'run as an administrator'
(3) write or copy the command Dick Groskamp gave you, making sure to enter your actual username.
(4) then restart OpenOffice.

report back with questions, results, etc.

Felmon