If you use MS Office (for example, to get paid) you will no longer be able to
open .doc .xls,etc files by clicking them. documents will open in
OpenOffice.org instead.  If you don't have Office (or the free office readers)
then I guess it doesn't matter.

Personally, I feel this option is a bit premature considering that OOo does a
really great job but no as good of a job as MS Office can with MS Office files.

Rob Winchester

--- Joe Marks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the advantage of selecting NOT to allow MS
> Windows to open files in the Microsoft format?
>
> It seems to me everyone would choose to allow both
> Windows and OpenOffice to open Microsoft format files.

=====
Rob Winchester
Download OpenOffice today!