Paul B. wrote:

Duncan Lithgow wrote:

"jnr. text" - true; 'jnr period' is in the dictionary adn negates any 'end of sentence' rule about following capitalisation.

That's strange, because it flies against my experience with 'Jn.'. Spellcheck did not add 'Jn.' to the dictionary when I instructed it to do so, but instead merely added 'Jn'. So how did 'jnr.' get in the dictionary, or perhaps there's a difference between what's loaded into the binary dictionary and what can be later added by the user. At the very least the user should be able to add strings with trailing periods.

I can see how the coding for this would be tricky - but if OOo did it before MS that'd be a real coup!

I'm useless at regex but it's doable.

Duncan

I agree this would be a nice nut to crack.

Paul

Sorry Paul, I got your hopes up there - I meant 'is in the dictionary' in a future hypothetical sense... It doesn't work for me either yet :)

Duncan