Leslie wrote:

I'm noticing similar sorts of things. In particular, when I turn spell checking on, type in a misspelled word, and right-click on it to get suggestions for corrections memory usage goes through the roof and my whole system hangs. I have to hit the power button to get things moving again.

I am running OOo 1.1.4 as installed in Fedora Core 3. All I have added is the Canadian English dictionary. My system has 512 MB memory.

Here are some answers to questions asked earlier in this thread: