Crystle,

This is also what I have been doing. However often I forget to do this
step and I am left with reloading the file. What I was fishing for is a
type conversion in OOo, similar to the format conversion. It would be
great if one could convert a text to a number or to date or even to a
formula or vise-versa.

Is it possible in OOo already?

Pascal

--