On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 11:07 -0800, Linda Johnson wrote:
> I have just installed openoffice for the first time.  According to the
> directions I should now have openoffice listed in my program files.
> It isn't.  How do I start openoffice?
> Linda

Linda:

What do you mean by install? The install process on Windows (are you
using Windows, Linux or Mac? OOo runs on all three?) is these steps:
1. Download the zipped files.
2. Unzip to the install directory
3. Run the setup.exe to install the program. This will create the
appropriate menu icons, etc.

If you did all three, please let us know and we can trouble shoot
further. If you haven't done all three, then you haven't installed it
fully yet.

Crystle

p.s. You are not subscribed so you may miss other volunteers' responses.
--
Crystle Numan, B.Sc., Web Developer
Guided Vision: the possibilities are endless