Hi,

I'll display an example Table.

These colums are separated by tabs so if you cut'n'paste into OO.o1.9.91 from your email you might need to separate the ExampleX and the number by inserting tabs.

Type    Item
ExampleA        24
ExampleB        21
ExampleC/ExampleD       18
ExampleE        15

If you use Table -> Convert -> Text to Table [Separate Text at "Tabs"] you will get a nice two column table sitting perty on the screen.

Now in Word97 and unless I'm totally delusional... previous versions of OO.o I can convert this table back to text using their "Table to Text" tools and still get nicely formatted columns due to a new tab generated by the tool.

When I do this in OO.o1.9.91 I get no tab generated by the tool and the table reverts back to whatever tabs are set up by the default style.

Hope this helps. Like I said I just can't remember if OO.o in general handles the conversion like Word97. This may just become a feature request if not.

Paul wrote:
In what situations are you converting tables to text... For me you'll
have to explain it a little better...

Paul