Brian wrote:
Jamie Borg wrote:

Hi,

I'll display an example Table.

These colums are separated by tabs so if you cut'n'paste into OO.o1.9.91 from your email you might need to separate the ExampleX and the number by inserting tabs.

Type    Item
ExampleA    24
ExampleB    21
ExampleC/ExampleD    18
ExampleE    15

If you use Table -> Convert -> Text to Table [Separate Text at "Tabs"] you will get a nice two column table sitting perty on the screen.

Now in Word97 and unless I'm totally delusional... previous versions of OO.o I can convert this table back to text using their "Table to Text" tools and still get nicely formatted columns due to a new tab generated by the tool.

When I do this in OO.o1.9.91 I get no tab generated by the tool and the table reverts back to whatever tabs are set up by the default style.

This is the same behaviour as in OOo1.1.4
MSO sets a tab in each table converted table row at the position of each column, OOo does not.
Sounds like grounds for an enhancement request.

Brian

Bugger... I was hoping I wasn't delusional.  :-)

I'll go search the web site and see if a request is up for voting.